Tribal Leadership Apprentice Program
The Tribal Leadership Apprentice Program is intended to create opportunities for tribal members
to acquire the necessary education, experience and skills to perform in positions of leadership
Key management positions within Tribal Operations, gaming and other Tribal business ventures will
be targeted for internships. This on-the-job experience will dovetail with the academic goals and
curriculum of the candidate as well as assisting to develop the community to its fullest potential.
Students participating in the Tribal Leadership Apprentice Program are considered regular full-time
employees. Students must be enrolled at a four-year college/university and work 40 hours a week in
a department that is relative to their field of study. Supervisors will work with interns to develop
a work schedule, which is conducive to the intern’s academic schedule.
To qualify for this program, students must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a Saginaw Chippewa Tribal Member
- Must have satisfactorily completed sixty credit hours
- Must provide documentation of acceptance at an accredited public university in Michigan
- Must currently have maintained a cumulative 2.5 Grade Point Average in last two attended semesters
- Must have declared a field of study as a major with the designated college (i.e. College of Education, College of Business, etc.)
- Must submit an official transcript during application process
Please contact the Higher Education Department for more information and/or an application at 989-775-4505.
Saginaw Chippewa Tribal Leadership Apprentice Packet (.pdf)